Planning Your Fishing Trip!

December 22nd, 2009 | by admin |

Fishing can be relaxing, fun and be a joy for all who choose to take part in one of nature’s most premier activities. However, fishing can often turn stressful and tough when it comes to planning out your travel and fishing plans. Planning the perfect fishing trip doesn’t have to be difficult, but it has to be prepared. Here is a quick guide to ensuring you take the best efforts in planning your fishing trip!

? Start by defining what you want your trip to be like! Every fisher wants something different or personalized about their fishing trip so make sure you have a definition of what a great fishing trip means to you. Maybe you want a relaxing week-end at a campsite; maybe you want a busy schedule of hunting combined with fishing and hiking; or maybe you want to spend all of your time on the river. It doesn’t matter what you are looking for, just make sure you know!

? What fish do you want to catch?! If you are serious about your fishing trip then you probably have an ideal fish that you would like to tackle. Think about it. Would you like to go after a fish species you have never caught before? Would you like to just catch as many ‘ordinary’ fish as possible? Whatever type of fish you want to catch will determine the location of your trip, so choose wisely!

? Figure out your style! No, we’re not talking about style as in fashion and clothing; we’re talking about fishing style! Fishing style means what type of fishing you wish to do- wading into the river, deep sea fishing or fishing from the river side. If you are going on your trip with a group make sure they all agree on the fishing style because if they don’t, there’ll be plenty of quiet time for them to complain!

? How much is this going to cost?! While most fishers don’t want to consider cost, it is usually the most important overall factor of a fishing trip! Ideally, you may want to head to the Colorado Mountains and find a remote river set apart from society- and just stay there for days! However, this won’t work for most people working within a budget because the longer and more extravagant a fishing trip is, the more expensive it tends to get!

The perfect fishing trip really isn’t out of reach, it is within your preparation!

Mark Hammond

—————–

Looking for waybuloo? Click here for waybuloo toys

1. 15 Responses to “Planning Your Fishing Trip!”

2. By Addicted2Fishing on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

When are you planning your 1st Major Fishing Trip of the Year?

3. By Kristi K on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

haha i lovee fishingg
    and my firstt trip iss in a few weeks
    when flounder fishing startss!

4. By sux@mth on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

we are going may 9,10,11…

5. By programmgr1 on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

trout opener in the sierras, april 26th – till whenever the bait and beer run out

6. By AIRFLOW on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Couple of weeks I’m hoping to go for some trout, on the fly of course some wild brown brook trout would be a good start if i can find the time.

7. By Snipergurl S on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Well, it’s still hardwater season up where I am.. and I am not a big fan of camping in the – temperatures…. I think I will more than likely plan my first big fishing trip of the year for early May.

I can’t wait to get out on the open water again.. Ice fishing is great, but nothing beats getting a tan while doing something you love!!

8. By trickem on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

i only live 6 miles from the lake ,i pretty much go when i want
    but april is the best here in va.

9. By gimmenamenow on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Well, this is what I get for getting my favorite fishing partner into alligators… we can barely sneak away for a day, it’s either too windy to go fishing or there’s big lizards to catch. I’ve taken to leaving my little Greenwater rig in the back of his truck and having some lures on hand, but we haven’t really gone fishing for fish in a while… making a couple casts for bass here and there isn’t really fishing as far as I’m concerned… and the gators are just gonna get more active… *sigh* maybe I’ll make him take up most of his baits when I take maternity leave…

Oh well…

10. By pheasant tail on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

1rst trip will be in May – Adirondacks to fish the Hendrickson hatch on the West Branch of the Au Sable – 2nd trip will be when you let me know you want to fish the Delaware

11. By JKMH on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

i did my first trip 2 years ago in NC deep sea fish 24 hours in the ocean keep what you cat she and now I’m looking for-ward for 2ND one but i dint know where to when i live in MI LOVE saltwater fishing is more fun than fresh water fish

12. By Just ask me on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

May 28,… a flyin trip to Canada.

God I cant Wait!!! (we skipped last year)

Knotty Girl: Is that your pic??? Hmmm, my fishin buddies dont look like that!! (lol)

13. By ~Knotty Girl~ on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Next weekend we are headed to the Keys to get some Tarpon! Whoo-hoo!

14. By waidmcdaniel on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

Easter I am going fly fishin’ in Missouri Watch Out Rainbow and brown Trout !!… MU HU HA HA…!!!

15. By ny21tb on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

1st week of APRIL. I’m going to try My luck, on the MONSTER BASS, up at Lake Fork. it’s about a 2 1/2 hour drive but, I am told, well worth it.

16. By Injun on Jan 7, 2010 | Reply

It will be the first day after I get settled in down in florida so I hope it is not a long wait!
    That is if Brandon,Gimme,Pastime and all the rest of you leave me a few to catch!